Growth and Change

As a woman who has moved around the country, I've always prided myself on being flexible and go with the flow. My husband and I have lived in six states, and have been planted in Florida for almost five years now. This is the longest we have lived in a place, and we plan to stay. Making the transition from bohemians to settlers has been difficult for my inner traveler, who wants to go, do, and explore new people and places.

It's not very often that a flexible woman gets stuck. But I got stuck, in a big way. Being in one place for this long was a big adjustment after 15 years of moving. Thankfully, I discovered other ways to explore. 

You know the saying, "grow where you are planted?"  This holds true, in the physical as well as the spiritual world. My spiritual journey began in Iowa, when I met my nurse mentor, who introduced me to Healing Touch. When I moved down to Florida, I met another mentor online who continues to be my Shamanic teacher. I restarted my yoga practice, and then my guru opened spiritual doors for me that I thought had been closed. And when I met my Reiki teacher, the pieces of the puzzle seemed to all fit together.

Growing where you are planted means adapting to the world you find yourself in. Becoming "awakened" is a big part of this. When you are awakening, you ask and strive for new experiences, changes, and shifts to uplift your vibration and move you into new paradigms. The spiritual world is happy to oblige, sometimes initiating you with experiences that defy explanation and would leave those who aren't seeking scratching their heads.

I encourage clients and students to follow their own paths, to go where they are guided, and to seek their inner knowledge. Growing into a new "you" can be an uncomfortable process because you have to stretch, change, let go, and become someone different than you were before. Moving around the country gave me the opportunity to remake myself over and over again, because each time I met new people, I was a different person.

Finding my spiritual path allowed me to remake myself, in the same place I was planted five years ago. It allowed me to release the places where I was stuck, from childhood traumas, old wounds, and recent losses. Awakening gave me the inner strength and courage to claim my sensitivities and use them to help others get out of their own stickiness and find their spiritual path. I am happy to call myself an empath and very grateful that I get to share the Reiki energy with others who are also seeking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Daily Mini Habit Ideas

The Path of the Wounded Healer

How Does Energy Healing Work?